Help Us Collect
Welcome to the Hats & Mittens family!
Hats & Mittens is a local, all volunteer based 501c3 non-profit, who collects and distributes new and gently used hats, mittens and scarves to over 150 Twin Cities seven-county metro area schools, shelters, social service and other youth organizations with the goal of keeping children and families warm during the cold Minnesota winters. We anticipate order requests of over 25,000 sets for the 2020-21 winter season.
Thank you for your willingness to help us collect warm hats and mittens for children and young adults in our community who need warm weather gear this winter!
What to Collect
- New or gently used hats and mittens to keep kids ages 3 years old to adult warm
- Waterproof mittens, when possible, for school age children
- Scarves and other neck warmers
- Knitted or crotched hats and mittens are also welcome!
- We do not collect jackets, snow pants or boots.
How to Collect
- Sign up here by filling out Collector Form. This will help us keep accurate contact information about you and/or your organization.
- When you sign up, you may request a box (pending inventory) which you can choose to pick up at the warehouse, or have it delivered to you. You are more than welcome to use your own box, past collectors have decorated them in various ways. Some may choose to decorate a tree or clothesline. You can tape our logo or collection flyer to your box as well.
- The length of time for your collecting is completely up to you! We fill requests for hats and mittens starting in the fall through March of the following year.
- Spread the word! If you need marketing support let us know. We'd be happy to post your collection drive on our Facebook page.
All Done! Now What?
- After your collection is done, you can choose to deliver your collection to the warehouse, drop off at one of our drop off locations or schedule a pick up. Drop off locations can be found here or at the bottom of this page.
- Please be sure to leave a card or note so we can identify your collection and confirm it has been received.
- If you need to mail your collection, please send it to: 501 Carlson Parkway Suite 315 - Minnetonka, MN 55305
- We ask that you put the collection in either plastic bags/garbage bags/paper bags for easy transport. Boxes are okay, too!
- If you received a box/box top, we ask you to return them after your collection is done. However if you plan to collect for us next year, let us know so we can keep track and update you on any changes for the next season at Hats & Mittens.
- Our warehouse is open by appointment only. Email us at email@example.com to schedule a drop-off at the warehouse. We are located at 10903 Excelsior Blvd - Hopkins, MN 55343
Where Do I Donate Money?
- If you would rather make a financial donation, you can donate online at our donation page.
- Checks can be made out to Hats & Mittens and mailed to: 501 Carlson Parkway Suite 315 - Minnetonka, MN 55305.
- We use the financial donations to purchase hats and mittens at wholesale prices. We use the donations to order throughout the year to fill gaps in our physical donations.
Please spread the word and help others form their own Hats & Mittens collecting circle. We guarantee you’ll feel the warmth yourself in serving others in our community! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out: firstname.lastname@example.org.