Welcome to the Hats & Mittens family!
Hats & Mittens is a local, all volunteer based non-profit, who collects and distributes new and gently used hats, mittens and scarves to the Twin Cities 7 metro county schools, shelters and other organizations with the goal of keeping children and families warm during the cold Minnesota winters. As of December 31st, 2019, we have had 24,000 sets of hats and mittens requested for this winter season.
Thank you for your willingness to help us collect warm hats and mittens for children and young adults in our community who need warm weather gear this winter.
What to Collect
- Waterproof mittens, when possible, for school age children
- New or gently used hats and mittens to keep kids ages 3 years old to adult warm
We are currently receiving many requests for teens
- Scarves and other neck warmers
- Knitted hats and mittens are welcome!
How to Collect
- Sign up here by filling out Collector Form. This will help us keep accurate contact information about you and/or your organization.
- When you sign up, you may request a box (pending inventory) which you can choose to pick up at the warehouse, or have it delivered to you. You are more than welcome to use your own box, past collectors have wrapped them, or taped our collection information sheet to their box.
- The length of time for your collecting is completely up to you! We fill requests for hats and mittens starting in the fall through March of the following year.
- After your collection is done, you can choose to deliver your collection to the warehouse, drop off at one of our drop off locations or schedule a pick up. Drop off locations can be found here. Please be sure to leave a card or note so we can identify your collection and confirm it has been received.
Please spread the word and help others form their own Hats & Mittens collecting circle. We guarantee you’ll feel the warmth yourself in serving others in our community! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to: email@example.com.